2019/02/14

MSD Carrier Case - WIP

Started making this quite on a whim last night. I needed boxes to store some bits and bobs in for an upcoming con, and looking around the room my eyes fell on this great old box. It was the perfect length for a regular MSD, while also having more than enough room to make several smaller compartments for storage purposes.
First up was dealing with the exterior of the old cardboard box, had some nice wallpaper like packaging paper laying around and it was just enough to cover it up nicely.


After that I needed to figure out what to do about the interior, had some upholstery foam laying around that was perfect for the purpose.


Cutting out proper sized pieces and gluing them in place it slowly took form


Added a few pieces of metal to hold the antlers in place as I didn't want them to be able slipping around, and now that they did have magnets in them why then tie them down?


Also added some little legs and other metal embellishment on the outside to give it a fancy look and feel.


Going to line the interior with ivory satin, add ribbon to be able to securely hold the doll in place, sew little pillows, add a handle, and, perhaps, see what I can do about making it a tad water resistant now that I am at it.

I hope being able to finish the rest today, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BO: DikaDoll Pan NS