2017/12/20

SD Sized Petticoat - fin

I started sewing this almost a week ago now, and today I finally finished it. Took quite some time and perhaps I should have found an actual pattern for the various pieces, but I didn't. In any case, here's a little walkthrough of the various steps.


Started out with the bottom pieces, a row of ruffles and a piece of fabric underneath. Little over 3m of ruffles had to be attached on a 1,5m long piece of fabric.

 As I found the fabric a bit barren just like than I chose to add some lace.


And a bit of ribbon. I know you wont see the petticoat, but I like the little details here and there.

Sewing the waistband was a tricky part. Think mainly because the pattern I used was fit for a round crinoline cage. Actually did sew one on there but ended up having to remove part of it and re-do it. Was too big, and we can't have that. Also had to remove some of the fabric as there is a lot of it, reason for all of those pleats. Part of me kind of wants to take it apart again and have the pleats near the back be layered differently. Kind of.

 And there you have it in it's entire glory. It's truly something!

Next up: Main dress (skirt and jacket)

-*-*-

Startup One Two

Elliptical Cage Crinoline One Two

Undergarments

Corset One Two Three

Petticoat

Main Skirt One Two

Jacket

Decor One Two Three

Jewellery

The odd ramble in between

Wig One Two Three Four

Shoes

Wedding Bouquet

Veil

No comments:

Post a Comment

BO: DikaDoll Pan NS