2015/10/31

Sofa chair project





This I started yesterday. I had already made a different arm chair but it was a wee bit on the small side so went ahead with a different design.
The cardboard sheet in the top picture I'm cutting out to be the back of this sofa chair which you can see have already been attached in the second picture. The cardboard tubes are the future legs of this
monster where two of them have to be cut to fit inside the back of the seat.



So today I went ahead and got the legs cut to fit as you can see up there.



Then because I had to fill this hollow underneath the seat I cut out some sheets of cardboard, added holes for the legs to fit through and that would serve as to hold them in place.



Having the cardboard sheet hold the legs in place I started filling it up with leftovers of cardboard and paper, cardboard sheet lid..



More leftovers... another lid...



Until the final layer, tape that shut and...



Viola! The cardboard tube at the left is to be cut in half and used as some very low armrests on each side of the seat as I want it to be as spacious as possible.

Now I just need to glue on the armrests, glue on padding, then sew a cover and some soft fluffy pillows for seating and cuddling and Derek can go sink his skinny behind into complete and utter bliss.

Will be posting updates on further progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BO: DikaDoll Pan NS