2015/10/19

Merida of Dun Broch

Got Merida painted not too long ago. It's 'only' been 3-4 months since she 
came home and started feeling bad for having her laying around as a blank
 face for so long. So yeah.. First things first; I got her eyes opened at long 
last, she came home with her eyes closed as I wanted to decide for myself 
how big they were going to be. Had to drill a bit from the inside to hollow 
out the eye sockets a bit and after I outlined the shape I aimed to make. 
Here with the first one opened..


Then the other..


Got out the pastels, brushes and got down to business!


Blush work down, moving on to the freckles.. 


As she's not quite the same age as in the movie I figured she'd have a lot
more freckles coming to since then.


The eyebrows wasn't as much of a pain in the ass as usual to paint and
found they came out pretty decent, definitely getting better at
painting them ever so slowly.


Some gloss and eyelashes in place later she could finally get back on her 
body again sporting her untamable mane of curly red hair gazing out 
on the world with her blue eyes.

Now I just need to sew her her dresses to be able to really show her off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BO: DikaDoll Pan NS