2016/07/08

Just some bits and pieces

Jeremiah

I had thought this guy wouldn't be coming home for another 3-4 months at least until just recently. Was so sure of it even. Then a friend of mine linked me to a sales post on DoA and there he was, RD Amethyst, $200 under the original sales price and located in a neighbouring country. It still seems a bit surreal to me that he will be here already come next month, I don't think I've even really registered it in my brain yet just how lucky I am. That, all thanks to my friend, it's, man I can't believe it at all! Will be a lot of fun painting him just like his brother, Theodore. Already have his clothing laying at the ready for when he arrives, can't wait to see them both side by side ♥

FMD

Of course he will have the exact same hairstyle as his brother! Though the colour will be different from one another.


I'm entirely all too smitten by this wig, already have two of them home. It's just an all too adorable cut and styling!
And while I was at it I got a new wig home for Taffy as well!


Been wanting this one for him since forever! It's just so cute and I couldn't resist as the top of it is exactly the same colour as his natural hair (anime boy, so yeah it makes sense that way sorta).

John Wick

Recently watched this movie and I don't know, I just really, really want to personify that guy into a doll. Found the perfect sculpt for the purpose as well, a SoulDoll Jan. I've always really like that sculpt since I first came across it but could never really figure out what to use him for so contented myself with simply looking. Until now. I find he looks pretty much like the guy John Wick and that nose!!! I'm a true sucker for noses and that nose there is no exception!

FreedomTeller

And because we can't have John dressed in anything but the finest tailored suits I'm going to throw all of my money at FreedomTeller. Already got everything picked out along with a few extra bits and pieces like a bag, gloves, and a watch. Oh yeah, he'll get to look just fine. Too bad they don't sell assorted guns and assault rifles because I'd definitely be spending every last penny there if they had had those!

Endless

Talking about clothing, just recently I got yet another dress home from Endless and I couldn't be more satisfied with my purchase. It's exactly like in the pictures but just a million times cuter in person! Funny how it's always like that when you can finally touch it. As per usual Derrek didn't fit the socks, but no surprise there as his legs are so thin, else everything is as should be. Have a slight Alice in Wonderland vibe to it if you ask me.


I need so much more clothing from there for this guy, he looks so damn adorable in it and it's really quite affordable too! Though just not when you want to buy every single piece all in one go xD

Eyes

I've set myself an almost impossible task when it comes to eyes. I want to swap every pair of glass eye with urethane ever so slowly. It's a pain in the ass as the only doll eye maker I know of who makes urethanes in 6 and 8mm only takes pre-orders every once in a blue moon. I need two pairs in both 6mm and 8mm and I'm not exactly made of money as such and if I'm real lucky I will pass my chance at ordering those four pairs. I'd really like to find more urethane doll eyes makers who go all the way down into tiny little eye sizes.
Besides that I need another 20 some pairs of eyes, most of which will be from Mako and a small handful from DollShe as well. Glad I can get a few pairs home here and there and that it isn't something urgently needed. Haste is waste as they say.

2 comments:

  1. So many plans!! And congrats on getting Jeremiah in such a great deal!!
    I changed from glass to urethanes last year and it was the best decision ever! You can find small urethanes on etsy, allthatglitters sells nice small eyes (https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllThatGlittersEyes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the link! I'm having a harder time making the change as there are so many eyes I need home, but hey, I'm halfway now so :D Definitely going to be placing an order from that shop soon!

      Delete

BO: DikaDoll Pan NS