2015/12/02

Let’s make something Mori-kei inspired! - Take 5

Today it’s all about the shirt and waistcoat as I didn’t at all get around to touching the trousers, but hey, there’s always another tomorrow.


As with any shirt you always sew the shoulders first and decided to close the edges up to keep them from running.

From there it was smooth sailing getting the sleeves added.


Got to be as I had imagined, with a fair amount of puff to them.

The hem of the sleeves I hadn’t made long enough to be able adding little ‘runways’ while still having part of the sleeve sticking out. Had to get a bit creative there and that I did with a bit of lace


Checking that the length wat ay-okay it could all be sewn shut and he could try it on.

Added lace around the collar to be held up by some wide satin ribbon which will also be used around the cuffs on the shirt. Have yet to sew the ribbon onto the cuffs but that will be done while I also add snaps down the front of the shirt.

The waistcoat I didn’t get around to shoot as many pictures of of the progress itself. Was getting tired and hungry so taking pictures wasn’t the first thought running through my mind.
I found some fabric I believe to be thai silk with some lovely flowery embroidery in this nice dark green colour for the lining. Found it to go pretty well with the deep purple/plum of the waistcoat.


Had sewn the armpit holes shut here thus the weird shape. To hide away the seams I sewed them together right against right to have them be on the inside when turn right side out as can be seen in the picture underneath.

And yeah, didn’t document the rest, added some ribbon at the edges of the waistcoat and done.


The inside of the waistcoat. Sure, could have been done better, but I haven’t sown a whole lot of them so still need to finetune my skill there.

And a bonus, because he just sat there looking mighty impatient. My little Prince in white ♥


Up next; ¾ trousers. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BO: DikaDoll Pan NS