2016/11/19

Dress For Liam - Slow Progress Is Better Than No Progress

Seen as I had to sew tubing and everything by hand (my sewing machine is taking some sick leave) I came up with the brilliant idea of hot gluing ribbon to the steel wiring, tying them together and afterwards glue ribbons onto each hoop. Much easier, simpler and a lot less time consuming. I know, I know, it's kind of cheating, but I actually love the result!




Added some more ribbon in between to give the bottom hoop some more stability.

Also got a bit work put down with the chemise and bloomers, albeit not as much as I wanted, but it's coming together alright.



Got a single sleeve attached but not sewn together. Considering adding some lace to the sleeves to make them just a tiny bit longer, but don't know...

Will be getting home this lace to use around the waist and pant legs of the bloomers, and to gather the neck of the chemise by the use of ribbons.


Soon enough I won't be able to go much further with the underwear until said lace arrives in the mail.



Also got this petticoat made out of some organza, hope it will add just a little poof to the skirt that will go over it. Should be able to as the fabric is thin and light and shouldn't weigh it down too much. Will see once I get to the main one-piece skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BO: DikaDoll Pan NS