2016/02/03

Wedding Dress - Finished Crinoline and Corset WIP





Finally finished sewing the crinoline here the other day. Had been my intentions to shoot pictures yesterday but it was so grey and dark outside that I dismissed it entirely and spent the day getting kips put in Riku's joints along with his spouse, Matthew. Made it quite a joy shooting these pictures really. But here they are, pictures of a project that's taken well over 12 hours to complete. Looks easy enough putting together, but it's not. Takes a lot longer than you'd expect and I have this awful habit of underestimating how long some things will actually get to take.


The crinoline, while it isn't entirely perfect and could have been sewn a lot better, I'm pretty satisfied. Never made a crinoline like this before so for a first this isn't all bad. Next time I will just be using a different type of fabric for the piping as the one I used went and unexpectedly got all stretchy on me. Guess it didn't do well getting cut into thin strips. Also the top 4 half hoops could have been positioned better. Perhaps next time I should work on this crinoline around a mannequin to get things just the way they're supposed to. Again, I'm satisfied and for a first I don't think I'd be able to make it any better than this. Good thing it's to be covered by a petticoat, huh? Nah, just kidding, could have looked like a trainwreck and it doesn't.



Which brings us on to the next garment in line to be made:

The Corset


Posted a picture yesterday of the pieces cut out and here I've put them all together with pins. It will get to look so very nice with that print and gorgeous dark blue lining. Have yet to cut out some fabric for the modesty panel and the modesty placket but I will get there. Thinking I will have to go buy some much thinner satin ribbon seen as the ribbon I have here is far too thick and I only have black. There wont be doing much of any decoration on this, going to be keeping it really simple. Just some lace at the top and that'll be it. It's a shame the snap clasps for the busk hasn't arrived in the mail yet, then I'd be able to finish it in its entirety. For now I will simply sew as much of it as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BO: DikaDoll Pan NS