2016/01/17

All good things come to those who wait


Because I'm thinking of making a clip on hair piece I am getting home a weft of heat resisting hair along with some most gorgeous hair pins. Can't really decide on how to put up the hair to have it flow nicely with his real hair, guess it's time to browse around on the old youtubes and get inspired a bit.

 Also needed to get some white cotton home as I found I had none left for the petticoat, not one as big as the one I'm currently making anyway, and why not get all caught up in the wondrous world of lace at the same time?

The first I'm thinking of using along with the ruffles on the main skirt, ruffle it up along with the fabric, and sew it onto the dress.
The second kind of lace with the little flowers and pearl is for the petticoat. I'm not sure how it will be incorporated yet, but I'll figure it out. Sure I could have simply kept the petticoat all white with some rows of ruffles, but why not pretty it up a bit even though it's a piece of garment not to be seen?


This rose lace will also be used on the petticoat, would stand out too much if it were to be used on the main dress as the fabric isn't with a print of roses but some other flower I don't really know what is to be honest. Also, it is quite wide, 5cm (2"), so yeah, definitely going on the petticoat.
The last piece of lace will go on the main skirt instead of some other lace I had intended. Some lace from the dress I took apart to remake into a grand Robe de Mariée a la Français. Found it looking too plain to go on the outside though that was the plan, now it will go to the petticoat and get incorporated in that one way or the other.

Also ordered up a bunch of kips and a pair of overknee socks for Riku, see if they fit him, if not I won't have to worry all too much as there's bound to be a pair of legs around here which would gladly crawl into them.

All there is to do for now is wait for all of this to arrive at my doorstep, already getting mighty impatient!

1 comment:

  1. You've been buying some great items ^__^ I hope they'll arrive fast!

    ReplyDelete

BO: DikaDoll Pan NS