2016/01/12

Wedding Dress

For the longest time I have had this dress laying around partially taken apart for the lace to be used for other purposes. Then not too long ago I got the idea to use the fabric for a dress. This time, not for the Queen who so loves dresses but another guy here who loves blue. Actually mostly because the fabric's got these blue flowers of sorts that it won't go to Liam. Anyway, this is the dress, the lucky victim of my crazy whims:


And just to clear things up, this is the lucky 'victim':


Fabrics and various decoration

I know there's a reference already in the picture of the dress, but for the record here's a few pictures of what I intend to use:


Ribbon sizes 1cm and 1,5cm 




To-do list; Parts of the dress

Undergarments
  • Simple chemise
  • Pumpkin bloomers with attachments for the socks, removeable
  • Thigh-high socks
  • Crinoline cage
  • Petticoat

Maindress
  • One piece, zipper down the back

Accessories
  • Bridal bouquet
  • Veil
  • Choker; rhinestone chain sewn onto satin ribbon
  • Flower wrist cuff 
  • Clip-on hair piece
  • Perhaps a pair of long gloves
  • Mary Jane shoes, made out of the same fabric as the dress decorated with ?
With the crinoline cage I've been looking around. Want something that would help support a train on the skirt part of the dress. Found a suitable crinoline and it's going to be looking something like this:

11 hoops in total where 4 are half hoops tied with ribbon to hold them in place.

The dress I had to think about long and hard what with the design. Didn't really know how to have it look, even looking around at various kinds of dresses I couldn't really decide on anything. Then out of nowhere the thought came to me to make a wedding dress inspired by the BtSSB Robe a La Francaise that Liam's wearing currently. And really, why not? 



Just imagine it; a giant wedding dress looking somewhat like that with a train, veil, and everything? What better idea could there be?

Last notes

If there's any scraps left of the fabric used for the dress I will either make a tuxedo jacket or a waistcoat for the groom. Perhaps it'll only be a waistcoat as I am sure most of the fabric will be going towards all those ruffles needing several meters just for the bottom of the dress alone. Also trying to decide whether or not to make a bow tie or if it should just be satin ribbon tied into a bow around the collar of the shirt. This is going to be some of the last things I'm going to sew so have plenty of time figuring out how to go about it.

I will update regularly as I start making/finish up on the various pieces of garments.

* * *

Undergarments
Chrinoline

No comments:

Post a Comment

BO: DikaDoll Pan NS