2016/01/23

I should get sewing again

I did contemplate whether or not Riku should have a corset with his wedding dress, but the thought was dismissed until today. He will have a corset.
I want it to have two part boning in front so that you won't always have to unlace the back entirely to pull the arms and head through and lace the entire thing up again. I looked around and didn't really see anyone making such corsets really, well, Oasisdoll I saw one. But everywhere else it's a closed front. So what do you do when you can't really work in metal, as you'd wish to for the front boning, and can't exactly make the entire thing out of plastic? You buy some snap fastening clasps! Yes, you heard me right. I went on a hunt for clasps at eBay, searching for something of use when I stumbled across these:


Wicked awesome, and should be just small enough that it will be perfect for SD. (click on picture to be taken to its sales page on ebay if you should be interested in acquiring these yourself)

Going to use the same fabric as will be used for his dress and then I'll see if I have some satin or other for lining. Going to be using plastic for the boning from ice boxes as I saw a tutorial on DoA where that was being used and found it brilliant! Going to start out with making the pattern and cutting out some of the pieces along with figuring out how wide the boning are to be. Will be fun!

Also received his socks from CoolCat and they fit absolutely perfectly! They have just about the same pattern as the fabric of the dress, how lucky can you get?


And they are so very gorgeous! Definitely going to be buying more socks from there in the future along with a lot more kips at some point.

Going to finish up on the crinoline cage tomorrow as I have a feeling the white cotton is going to arrive here any moment now and I'd rather have the cronoline all done before then than having this half arsed thing laying around where it looks like I gave up just as it was about done. And then, well, think it'll get to be the corset before I sit down and work all too much on the petticoat. Then perhaps I can be lucky enough that most of the remaining 8 packages of bits and pieces needed for this project has arrived once I finish the corset and start up on the petticoat. You never know.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great idea with the clasps!
    And the socks are gorgeous :3 So so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

BO: DikaDoll Pan NS