2016/01/07

Liebster Award

I thank Nikki who were kind enough to give this award to me ♥



The rules:

- Thank the person who presented you the award and link back to their blog.
- Post the award image on your blog.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people you chose of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog and link them your post.

The questions Nikki made:

1. Have you become friends with anyone thanks to this hobby?

Yeah, though it's fairly recent, but this friendship seems to be of the lasting kind.

2. Which of your dolls do you resemble the most? Tell me about them?

I actually don't know. Someone once said to me that I reminded them of Riku, DOT H Ducan, but that's years here. So, can't say.
Personality wise, hmm, well, my personality is kinda split up among them all but I guess I see myself the most in Liam and Karim. Liam because of his dressing up in big frilly dresses and feminine looks and Karim because he is going through some of the same things as I am just with a different cultural and religious background.

3. Which dolly trend should just die already? Why?

I don't know, I don't involve myself that deeply to even want to follow trends or fads going on in the hobby, so whenever people whine about this or that should stop or is boring all I do is shrug and continue onwards. Everything has been done before, it will always resurface in either e new guise or as the same old. Who cares.

4. What company makes the best clothes in your opinion?

FreedomTeller, there's no doubt in my mind or heart. The quality absolutely blows me away and so what if I could have gotten an SD from Luts for the money spent on a full set of clothing along with shoes and jacket, it was worth every penny and then some! I would wish I had money to blow as I want to order just about everything from there.

5. What is the next doll on your wishlist?

Sorta Jack Frost, again, a DF-A Wen. Again as he did get home last year but then I fell over DF-A Wen and couldn't but see Jack Frost and DZ Joe didn't really cut it no more after that. Reason I say sorta is that I'm just about there, just don't have no credit card linked to my PP because I'm waiting for a new one, I'm waiting for someone to transfer some money to my account which I am them to transfer to my PP. and this is quite the rant already.
Else, hmm, think a DollLeaves Oscar, but not sure as this year I'll take a break and only be bringing home bodies for the remaining 3 floaties.

6. What is your favorite creative thing to do in this hobby?

Sewing, painting, making furniture, can't really say photography as I am slacking off lately, but I do love taking pictures as well.

7. Do you have a doll couple? Please share a bit about them?

There are several couples here. Riku and Matthew who're the proud fathers of Michel, Oliver and Gilbert. Liam and Bastian who might just end up getting engaged making Liam stepdad to Bastian's sons Lucas and Victor. Harry and Draco who got custody over Silas. Darren and Taffy ended up together after Taffy clinging to his senpai in his quest of making Darren be happy. Sasha and Dmitri who share forbidden love being twins. Nathaniel having a soft spot for Minoru and the affections being returned, budding love right there for you. Ayumu having a mad crush on Ayden and being too shy to confront the guy about it ending up as a couple because Ayden got enough of Ayumu's puppy eyes following him whenever he was near. 

8. Do you have anyone you really admire in this hobby?

I don't really have any specific people I could name, I've never had. But who I truly admire are the artists making these dolls, have all the respect in the world for them, they really are some amazing people. Doesn't matter if the sculpts aren't to my liking or not. Turning ordinary clay into miniaturized realistic looking little beings of resin, slaving over them for months, or even years, to bring people joy everywhere, anywhere in the world. Simply amazing.

9. How do you feel about mods on rare/limited heads?

Go for it? Your call really. 
I've done it myself on Nathaniel, LeekeWorld Eiden, sanding his lips, nose, opening his eyes a wee bit more and sanding his cheeks and chin some. Also Derek, AngellHeim Zion, don't know how rare he is, but still, the sculpt aren't made no more so I guess that counts? Anyway, sanded his nose down a bit as I didn't like how pointy it was. Oh, and DZ Joe, don't see many of him around and they don't make that sculpt no more either, sanded his lips a bit and cheeks as well. Recently dyed a SOOM TG Necy not giving a flying fuck how many or how few of that sculpt is out there. None of these guys are going anywhere anyway.
So yeah, people can do whatever.

10. What is the worst thing ever happen to you in this hobby?

I don't know, can't really think of anything I'd consider as being the 'worst thing ever happening' to me. I've not really run into much of any obstacles. The thing I can think of didn't really turn out to be the worst anyway as everything sorted itself out in the end. RingDoll was discontinuing their RingKid Dylan and I didn't know. I was so keen on getting him home I didn't know where to put myelf and it was like a blow to the gut when the dealer wrote back to me that they had refunded my payment. After pleading and talking back and forth RD agreed to cast one more of him just for me and I felt like the King of The World right there I tell you.
But yeah, there's really not anything considered to be the worst happening to me, perhaps the benefits of never involving one much in anything?

11. What is the best thing ever happen to you in this hobby?

First thing popping into my head is meeting Nikki and slowly but surely forming a great friendship. Hope that I'll meet more people like her in the future.
Finding this hobby, obviously, and staying. Watching my little resin family of two grow to little over half a hundred. Having my sewing skills upped a few nudges or five. Seeing possibilities in next to nothing, turning cardboard boxes into furniture, grabbing for little flower petals in one of those New Year table bombs because even when drunk off your ass you still keep your mind on the resin, resin on your mind.

My questions are as follows:

1. Have your tastes changed in sculpts over the years?
2. Do you have pre-made characters for the dolls that you get home which must fit a certain description, or, do you get them home and let inspiration hit?
3. What do you do when you get hooked on a particular sculpt and want it home right here, right now but can't as you have to save or some other reason?
4. How many dolls are too many to you personally?
5. What are your thoughts on dolls with already pre-existing characters from movies/books/cartoons/ect.?
6. Acrylic, glass or urethane? And why?
7. How much does yellowing bother you? What is acceptable before you want something done to liven up that old yellow resin skin?
8. What are your thoughts on anthro BJDs vs actual animal BJDs?
9. How small is too small? How tall is too tall? Or does hight even matter to you?
10. Do you talk with your resin buddies while painting them, dressing them, just because?
11. Do you have a doll you love but will probably never have because finances or impossible to get?

I tag:
Nikki 
Tjassi 

I don't really know no one else -shrug-

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for doing the award and for the tag back :)

    ReplyDelete

BO: DikaDoll Pan NS