2017/12/21

Main skirt - wip

Got the main skirt sewn together today! Almost finished, just need a bit of decoration along the edge else I don't think I will do much more to it. Have a feeling that with the flowery print a ton of details will just make it a big ol' mess to look at.

Anywho.

Got the patterns laid out yesterday and got them all cut out today, then pinned them all together and it was off to the sewing machine!



After about an hour of sewing I ended up with this:


 Still plenty to sew yet! Went to work on the waistband, a lot of pleats later and I was about ready to attach it.


After that I absolutely HAD to see it on, and I wasn't disappointed!


Like just look at that! Almost doesn't need any decoration at all, well, had I had enough fabric left  I would have made a pleated ruffle all along the edge (need some for the jacket, not much, but enough for me not to have several meters for pleats).




Had to take some of the length off, but not too much, about 2cm was all fine considering I will make a pair of shoes with a bit of heel on them. I just want it to touch the floor rather than not.

Having hemmed the edge I pinned some lace on, not sure if I will keep it or not, kind of looks out of place to me.


I will figure it out I'm sure, but yeah, it just doesn't feel quite right. So with that, I will probably not do any updates before next week (which really annoys me), so see you then!



Next up: finishing skirt, start making patterns/sew jacket.

-*-*-

Startup One Two

Elliptical Cage Crinoline One Two

Undergarments

Corset One Two Three

Petticoat

Main Skirt One Two

Jacket

Decor One Two Three

Jewellery

The odd ramble in between

Wig One Two Three Four

Shoes

Wedding Bouquet

Veil

No comments:

Post a Comment

BO: DikaDoll Pan NS