2017/12/13

SD sized Victorian'esque Corset - wip



A week ago I sat down and drafted a pattern for a corset, with the help of YourWardrobeUnlocked. Yesterday I got the pieces cut out, made a mock up to see how everything fit and today I got down to work a bit on assembling it.


My messy work table with the bits and pieces I'll be using as I go. Cut the stiffeners out from some plastic sheet I had laying around, they do the job quite nicely. They're not too thick, not too thin.
The blue grosgrain ribbon I will be using for the tubing and the flowery ribbon as the, that thing running horizontally inside the corset which I can't for the life of me remember what is called.


 So, after sewing all of the pieces together I went and flattened the seams (had already sewn in the modesty placket in the front, had to be done by hand because you can't exactly get a metal busk in SD size anywhere and will have to come up with your own ideas that will work in the end)


Cut the excess and flattened them to one side.


Started sewing the tubing and the support tape(?) in place.


Until I ended up with this! Not entirely finished , still need to fasten the busk in the back, on the one nearly finished piece, and add eyelets.

It's quite a lot of work, for such a small thing, but seems to pay off. I for one are very pleased with how it's coming together. Had anyone said to me I'd be sitting doing my best to replicate late 1800s attire, full with crinoline, undergarments and an entire ball gown on top I wouldn't have for one second believed in them. Feels kinda surreal for some reason to me that I'm actually capable of sewing stuff like this? Like, it's so fucking amazing!

Will see how much I'll get done tomorrow, not home for most of the day, else I will definitely have it finished Friday, so look forward to an update then!

-*-*-

Startup One Two

Elliptical Cage Crinoline One Two

Undergarments

Corset One Two Three

Petticoat

Main Skirt One Two

Jacket

Decor One Two Three

Jewellery

The odd ramble in between

Wig One Two Three Four

Shoes

Wedding Bouquet

Veil

No comments:

Post a Comment

BO: DikaDoll Pan NS